NaNoWriMo

Did you just say, "Eh?"

Yes, NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month! Hooray! At my last trip to my local library I read a poster about NaNoWriMo, suggesting to write a novel! Participants begin writing November 1 and finish a 175-page, (50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30!

NaNoWriMo is "a novel-writing program for everyone who has thought fleetingly about writing a novel but has been scared away by the time and effort involved." Hmmm. Sound familiar?

So if any of you fit that criteria, maybe you should check  your local library to see if they're playing along. Mine is having a plot party on October 13th. Apparently there will be fun and games to help me prepare and plan my novel. That way when November 1st comes around I'll be ready to start!! How about you?

2 comments:

  1. That sounds freaking awesome!! What a good idea! I hope you go for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'm planning on it! It's on my calendar. Now I just need to make sure my kiddos have a place to be while I go!

    ReplyDelete