Vocabulary

I feel that my vocabulary has shrunk significantly. The words in my brain felt neglected, so the poor things slipped out my ears as I was sleeping these past years, and I haven't put any back in to replace them!

I'm excited to be reading more books lately, and that seems to be helping, but it's only as I happen upon them and look up their definition. I thought I might boost the progress a bit. I found my old Vocabulary for the College-Bound Student from my high school English class the other day. I'm going to start from the beginning of the workbook, and slowly but surely learn a heap of words. Good 'ol Mister Stott.  ;)

I believe the vocabulary workbook to be a better approach than darting at a dictionary. The words are grouped for the purpose of learning them. I'm hesitant though. I've had nightmares of not finishing the workbook pages and having to repeat high school because I failed English. I suppose I'll be able to see what I really accomplished. Maybe the nightmares will subside. With a smile on my face I begin!


First word: ameliorate (v.) become better; make better; improve (ant. worsen) Ha, what smart publishers.

Use in a sentence: I expect my vocabulary will ameliorate by leaps and bounds with consistent study in this three hundred page workbook!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm excited to follow your blog. And share some book ideas, too! Young adult and children's books are my very favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tiffany! I'm honored to have you here! I look forward to your comments!

    ReplyDelete