Occupation? Greeting Card Author

Well, not yet! I just submitted my very first greeting card idea!!!!

I'm super excited about the prospect of being a writer of greeting cards. Hmm, what would my title be? Greeting Card Author? Greeting Card Writer? Conveyor of Relationship Strengthening Ideas? When I was growing up I thought about that sort of thing. Ditties, poems, sentiments, silly and clever hahas. When asked, "So, what do you do?" I would love to reply, "I am a mother of two, and an author of children's stories, novels, and greeting cards." Yep, I'd like all of those in my repertoire, how fun!

There are many greeting card companies. For my first submission, I chose one that fits my witty side. If you are thinking you might want to submit all those clever ideas you have, just do a good Internet search and find a company that has cards that fit your style. There are many types; funny, naughty, sentimental, Christian, and there are even a couple of web sites that you can create your cards, and customers can order your designs, have them printed, and sent out by the host company. The largest companies seem to have staff writers instead of free-lance. For the companies that accept free-lance work, some companies want the ideas sent snail mail, and some are e-mailed. Some have a minimum number of ideas that must be sent together. Just make sure you follow the company's guidelines (usually found on their website) to make sure your ideas would fit what that company does. In all my experience...well, that's what I've learned so far.

I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I'll totally buy them when they go commercial! : )

    ReplyDelete